Friday, January 4, 2013

New year....new energy...new direction?

Greetings and salutations blogging world!

I'm baaaaaaaccccckkkkkk! :-)

Now that I'm a full time "Dopey Kid" and can find time on a regular basis:  I'm back in the blogosphere!  I had tried to maintain a blog throughout the first year the store was open, but as an overscheduled family, blogging was always my absolute last priority.  But with the recent (HUGE) change in my professional focus, not to mention the gaggle of UBER-creative kids in our after school program, I figure it's time to move this up the priority list a bit.  I promise to try to use fewer exclamation points than usual....I'm very excitable though!

My name is Danielle and I am still the original dopey kid (thanks, Pop!), proud owner and (now) operator of a small town Creative Studio and Toy Store called Dopey Kid Originals.  For all the wherefore's and why's of our name and concept, take a peek here.


I left my corporate management job in July, 2012 (downsizing...which I guess is more like they left me, but lemons from lemonade, right?!) and have been giving our family business my all since.  I have to admit, it's been scary.  It's weird going from primary breadwinner to no-bread-winner overnight.  I don't know how my honey is doing it, but somehow he is. (thanks, Babe!)


I'm excited to be back to blogging because I enjoy it.  It's a fabulous energy release as well as a place to record my creative thoughts, ideas, tips and tricks.  I have a personal blog (for general ranting, lol) and a store blog, so this "store blog" is  really an extension of our studio classes and programs.  We offer Saturday classes so kids can "get their CREATIVE on!" by offering them exposure to a ridiculous number of creative possibilities and materials in a totally safe, non-judgmental environment.

Our workshops/classes are on holiday hiatus until January 26th but the new schedule will be ready to download or picked up at the store by January 16th.  Fans of our previous programs will see a difference in the new program.....it's a big surprise though, so this is just a teaser!

We've also started a newsletter to keep our fans updated on class schedules, creative tips and tricks, summer and PA day camps, in store promotions and more.  I'm anticipating sending the newsletter out every two weeks, but it may be less (definitely not more often).  So if you'd like to get on our mailing list, you can subscribe here or here.  Our first newsletter will be going out tomorrow with an insiders coupon deal:

Save an additional 25% off your entire purchase

So, here's to starting a new year with new energy and possibly.... a new direction?  Stay tuned...

Until next time...Inspire...Imagine...Invent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!